The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, July 2

What a Circus...

Yesterday the computer was never even turned on. By the time I was home and ready to relax, I was so exhausted that we basically went to bed. Here's the run down:

*Day trip to National park.
*Lots of walking (Putting and keeping Miss Monkey asleep for her nap.)
*Drove home late last night, left Moose with the grandparents to camp out in their trailer. Hubs had work the next morning, so they kept Moose overnight and brought him back this morning.
*Throwing rocks in the lake.
*Marshmallows.

And to add to it, here's today:

*Moose came home. Yay!
*Monkey slept in til 10. She didn't go down til shortly after 9, so it fit.
*Still had an afternoon nap for the kiddos. Yay!
*Visit to the circus! We only saw the first half. It included lions, tigers, bears, hula hoops, tight rope, fire, swords, contortionists, and more. Moose enjoyed parts, although I know he didn't grasp the skills or death-defyingness of it all. But it was exciting to take him nonetheless. (I'd never seen a circus before, so honestly I was probably the most excited.) They got to see elephants and miniature ponies too. What a blast!

Tomorrow morning we're up early and back to the lake for a family event. So that's why we only saw half the circus. We're going to have to wake Monkey as it is. Heck, I'm going to have to get up early too. It really feels like we're in the throws of summer now. Late nights, tons of activities. I have to admit I'm enjoying it. It gets difficult when Moose starts whining or complaining. But when he's not, I'm totally enjoying it and the less he complains, the more I want to do. We've started a discussion (inspired by my sweet sister-in-law's comments.) about gratefulness. Whenever he starts whining about wanting more we talk about being grateful for the special/fun things we were able to do. Like when we left the circus early. He started to whine about playing with the hubs when we got home. I asked him which he'd rather do, play with papa or see a circus. Obvious answer was circus. So I reminded him that's what we did, so we aren't whining about not being able to play with him. We'll see if it helps or not. It's good to learn to be grateful from an early age. I'll be home in the early afternoon, so we'll definitely get a post in tomorrow. Sorry for the break yesterday. After the many miles of walking, I was so darn tired I just wanted to lay down and not move. So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment