The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, July 23

If I wanted a cat...

I would get one. But we can't have cats in our place without a deposit, and I'm sure we can't afford cat food, so we don't. However, sometimes I feel like we have a cat because I've now cleaned out bathtubs 3 times as if I was sifting a kitty litter. I really think Monkey is starting to enjoy pooping in the tub.

I made the cake today. Well, I made it yesterday. I frosted it today. It really looks great. I'm quite pleased. Moose accidentally saw it. He knew he wasn't allowed to look in the fridge because it was in there, but the hubs opened the fridge for pizza supplies and Moose just happened to be in the kitchen and caught a glimpse. He seemed excited enough. I think I have everything ready. Cake, treats, supplies. I even remembered candles and a lighter. Can't forget trash bags. (As I run in the kitchen to put them in my pile.)


In the beginning I was resisting the birthday hype. Mainly because we haven't done it in such a long time. When kids are little I don't see much fun in putting a ton of work and effort into a party they don't care about, nor will they remember. (Meaning spending lots of time and energy on games, decorations, etc.) But Moose knows, he's excited. There's anticipation in the air. It took me a while, but I eventually gave in. I don't think any holiday or birthday will be the same after this. But I'm okay with that. I can't wait to see his face tomorrow and see how much he enjoys all of it.

First on the agenda: Birthday Boy Breakfast. Per his request: A bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats and Banana Juice (one banana, milk, sugar and vanilla in the blender)

Happy 4th Birthday Sweety!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this cake...VERY CREATIVE!!!

    You know, Stephanie...that when this life is all said and done...this "real day job" will be at the top of your interview...with God...I do believe...He will look upon this day...with a great smile on his face...for He witnessed all the LOVE you put into this project...for one very special "4" year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Joseph! Enjoy your day! Jewels, you did such an amazing job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete