The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, July 20

Back Massage...

Today's funny and silly event was the kiddos walking all over my back. I love when I occasionally find something for them to do that keeps them busy at important times (the hubs was cleaning up from dinner) but involves little or no effort from me. Perfecto! This evening it was me lying on my back and the kiddos walking all over me. At first it was just me and Monkey. She thinks it's hilarious. She stands on my back and then does her best to jump off. Most of the time she was falling all over the place, but laughing the entire time.

When I first tried to get Moose to do it (knowing his weight ~around 42 lbs.~ would probably feel just right) he was totally scared and thought he would squish me or something. But eventually he started to do it too. I must admit, he did feel just right. Although I couldn't get him to just stand on my back and walk around. It was the stand-on-the-back-and-jump-off routine. But nonetheless, my back entertained the kiddos for over 5 minutes. Probably close to 10. Okay, maybe not that long. But we played for a good long time.

Long enough for the hubs to finish cleaning up and come over and put an ice cube in my shirt.

Yay for family time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment