The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, July 31

Midnight wakeups...

So last night at about 11:30, Monkey started crying. This isn't highly unusual. It's not common, but it's happened on occasion. Usually when she's teething or something like that. (Which she is. Two more molars to go.) So I went in and she already had her pacifier, and an immediate cuddle with her teddy bear wasn't doing it. So I picked her up and tried to soothe.

Not working.

After a few minutes of trying to walk her around, wake her up a little bit to get her out of her funk, the hubs walked in. He reached his hands towards her as an offering and she went to him. She stopped crying immediately.

Fine then.

I learned before I had children not to take this sort of thing personally. My sister had a daughter well before the rest of us were married. So I learned from her experiences. I remember when my niece decided she liked my bro-in-law and only him. Then the next day or next week, she would only want my sister. At first, my sis had a hard time with this, then eventually she learned it's just what kids do.

Moose did a bit of this, but not tons. He's never been the attachment type. He never went through separation anxiety. Ever, seriously. But Monkey is obviously different. Last night all she wanted to soothe her was a little cuddle time with Papa.

I must say that I absolutely adore the fact that my kids adore their father. I LOVE this. So I don't mind one bit that she wouldn't be calmed down by me. I'm just glad he was there to take a turn and put the little lady back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment