The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, July 24

Happy 4th Birthday Moose!

As is the tradition, I wrote Moose his birthday letter yesterday. Here it is.

Dear Moose,

This last year has gone by so fast. We moved into our new apartment. I'm pretty sure you like it. It has a lot more room to play. As your little sister grew, you continued to be a great big brother, and because of that your sister adores you. I remember when you two started to sleep in the same room. You were so excited and you two have done so well together. I'm sure one of the reasons she sleeps so well is because of you. We started doing "school" this past year. You are so smart. We've been learning spanish, your letters, how to read and write. You can even do addition. I'm always amazed at how quickly you learn and how much you love learning. We've even started reading a book about Christopher Columbus. You're so smart. I want so much to help you learn, and to help you love learning. You still have a year before you will be officially starting school. I can't believe it's so soon. You have grown up so fast. But I know you are ready. You've always been so independent, so ready for every new challenge. You've started to make new friends here which makes me happy. I'm very excited for your first big birthday party tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it. I hope you feel loved. I can't express how much I love you. I know that sometimes I can be hard on you and that I expect too much of you. I'm going to work on that. But I hope you always know how much I love you. I couldn't have asked for a better son. I'm so glad that all of your younger siblings (however many that may be) will have you for an older brother. Happy Birthday Moose! I love you! I'm so proud of you!

Love, Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment