The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, July 5

Silly Moments...

Today was filled with silly moments. It had it's frustrating ones as well (crying fits before bed, over-fussiness before dinner) but was filled with laughter. Moose and Monkey are continually growing together and learning to really interact and play. I just love watching it. It's hilarious.

We had a fly in the apartment today and Moose got me obsessed with swatting it. This was over their lunch time. It was so much fun. He would shout out whenever he saw it and I would do my best to catch it. I called it a stinky fly at one point and of course he found that hilarious. From then on it was the stinky fly.

I realized today that Monkey tries to bark. She really likes animals and will point at any animal she sees. We have a Sandra Boynton book called Doggies. It is filled with pics of dogs. She brought it to me and was making her very soft "oof oof" sound. It was so darn cute. I put on 101 Dalmations (partially in an attempt to divert her attention elsewhere so I could cook.) and whenever she heard the dogs barking she would look at it and point.

In honor of the silly moments, I thought I'd share one with you from a few days ago. I actually took a pic, and since it involves no faces, I knew the hubs would be okay with me posting it on the web.


As I was getting breakfast for Monkey I noticed something non-organic or Cheerio-like in the container. So I decided to investigate.


Ta-da! Apparently Moose decided that we needed our own surprises in the cereal boxes! (Not really. He didn't know who put it in there. It was most likely him though.)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment