The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, July 26

Uh-huh...

So Monkey has added a new "word" to her repertoire. It is "uh-huh". I remember when Moose went through this phase. I remember him being a bit older. I just love it though. Everytime she says it it sounds very sad. But she'll answer it for any question, if her response is in the affirmative. It seems like she's going to start slowly adding new words to her list now. I can only imagine what her vocab will be like in 6 months. I'm excited for the change. She's the slowest talker, by far, out of our two kids. But she understands so completely, I know she's just biding her time.

Today we had the finale to Moose's birthday celebration. A family party, with his grandparents, great grandma, and cousins who are all local. We finished the remnants of his cake (thanks for all the wonderful compliments!), ate ice cream and he opened even more presents. (To his wonder and amazement!) It was a great time spent with family, which we always enjoy.  I think the birthday festivities are finally done.

The next big day is our wedding anniversary! (Yay!!) August 7th is our 6th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but at the same time it feels like it's been only a fraction of that. By far some of the best six years of my life! (Thanks to my kiddos, but most certainly the hubs!) I can only imagine how wonderful (and equally challenging, but mostly wonderful) the next 6 years will be.

Let the next countdown begin... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment