The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, July 7

Bathtime...

So this event is so singular it will consume the blog today. But to put a sentence in for the rest of the day, it involved grocery shopping at the beautiful new Super Wal-Mart, a concert in the park with 70 and 80's cover songs, and a trip to grandma's to pick asparagus and spinach. Now, on to the real show stopper. (Prepare yourself. Those with semi-weak consistutions or easy gag reflexes [sister, you know who I'm referring to] should refrain. It's not really that bad, but gross nonetheless.)

I was giving sweet Monkey a bath tonight. It was going fine. No face plants or anything. I was sitting next to the tub. I heard one small grunt, look over and, you guessed it, the bath was over. The little miss totally poo'd in the bathtub. Fortunately it wasn't runny (I know it's TMI, but as a parent you quickly get over that when it comes to children's bodily functions.) so it was relatively easy to clean up. It all happened so fast, I didn't have a chance. Needless to say, her bath was over.

Now I have a collection of toys that need disinfecting. Joy. Guess I'll add that to my to-do list after the chocolate chip cookies. Just one of those things.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, and your little one reaches another milestone...

    Just soak the toys in the tub with some bleach water-- then you disinfect the toys and the tub at the same time!

    ReplyDelete