The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, July 27

Good habits...

Last night I was chatting with the hubs and gave ourselves a little pat on the back. (I find this is a healthy practice as a parent, because not many other people see the work and even results of that work, so if no one else is patting your back, why shouldn't you? Makes you feel better every now and then. Totally healthy, I think.) Here's Monkey's nightly experience tonight to demonstrate my little back-patting behavior.

Monkey, do you want to go get your jammies on? *Uh-huh (Go and put jammies on.)
Monkey, let's go brush your teeth. (back patting occuring about here.) *Monkey runs to the bathroom door and we promptly brush her teeth. She loves this.

The rest of the bedtime routine is pretty standard. Book reading, song singing, baby laid down, etc. But I'm so pleased with myself that my 15 month old loves to have her teeth brushed. We do it every night. We're not yet in the habit of brushing hers every morning yet. Moose just started this habit about a year ago. But I'm just so glad to think that I'm doing something good for my kids, establishing a super-beneficial habit that will stick with them for years to come. (And possibly save us tons on dentists bills.)

Tonight Moose is sleeping over at the grandparents house. Monkey's already asleep. Me and the hubs are going to go splurge on some episodes of Alias. Here's to sleeping in tomorrow! Moose can wake up the grandparents tomorrow morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment