The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, July 22

I'm Thankful For...

This evening Moose wanted me to play with him. We had a few balls out and I remembered (as me and Monkey and him were playing catch) an old game we used to play. It's called the Thankful Game. He got so excited, which made me happy, and we played.

We made it up last Thanksgiving time. We all sit in a circle and pass a ball between us, saying something we are thankful for. Back then he didn't really understand it, though he did well. Now he gets it and thinks of his very own ideas and things he's thankful for. It's so sweet. We played it for about 5 minutes before it was time to get ready for bed. That's easily one game I have no problem (or complaints) playing with him.

On the not so sweet side, but still cute - Monkey has this habit she's developed lately. When we ask her to leave a room, or do something that involves walking somewhere, she will do it, but the entire time she'll be half-stomping-half-running and making these disgrunted noises. I've coined it her "I'm doing it but I don't like it" walk. It's so hilarious. It really happens as if she's much older and does something because she knows she has to but she still doesn't want to. It cracks me up everytime. She did it to the hubs this evening and I couldn't help but laugh as I listened from the kitchen.

Girls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment