The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, January 16

Getting Better...

So far our hunches about Monkey are proving correct and she's now gone to bed twice without more than one scream as we close the door and then pure silence. No jiggles to the door knob, no crying out for Mama or Papa. A-Mazing. We'll see if tonight follows suit or not. (fingers and toes crossed)

So when I came home from visiting some gal pals tonight, I walked into a pitch black apartment. Then I see lights flying around the hallway as the kids come running to me with flashlights in their hands. The hubs had them playing some flashlight game. Possibly hunting aliens or something. They were loving it. We've taught them well not to be afraid of the dark. Monkey kept waving her bike light around saying "light". And of course Moose was thrilled with the new game. It was so cute to see them so excited. I just love my hub's creativity. I certainly never would've thought of a game like that.

So tomorrow is a holiday for the high school and the hubs has the day off. Woohoo! Totally jazzed. That means we can stay up a little bit later tonight and do things as a family tomorrow. I'm way excited. I'm feeling some popcorn and finishing our movie tonight. (We're watching "Creation".) Hopefully the kiddos will go to bed happily (again, fingers and toes crossed) and it should be an awesome night!

No comments:

Post a Comment