The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, January 24

I knew it...

Today was a normal day. Although I'm starting to feel physically more tired by dinnertime than I was before. But I realized today I'm about 7 months pregnant with 2 pretty demanding kids, so I suppose that's pretty normal at this point.

Anyhow, I was somewhat stressed by the time dinner rolled by and the hubs took the kids to a family get together for a niece's birthday. It was in the later evening, and I knew the night would only be stressful for me since the kids would be staying up late, be overtired, etc. So I stayed home (and prepped for preschool group tomorrow. So glad I did that!) and the hubs took the kids for cake and ice cream.

Moose ended up having a huge tantrum when it was time to leave, and after it was all said and done, different discipline tactics tried, the hubs came to at least one conclusion I already knew concerning Moose. Spanking doesn't work. We haven't done it consistently with him ever, and it just doesn't do anything. I end up hurting my hand more than him for the spanking to even hurt him. Otherwise he just smirks at you, or forbid he even laughs. And of course that makes me more mad. So a long time ago I learned that spanking was futile. I'm sure we came to an agreement about it, but lately it had been brought up again. (The hubs remembers spanking as punishment for lying, which was an issue if you recall.) So he tried it. It didn't work. Not for Moose.

So tonight was a night in which I was able to be reassured (after much time had passed) that: yes, I know my child, and yes I was right that spanking is not a good tactic to use with him. Thanks for the reassurance hubs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment