The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, January 30

Girls Night and Nose Picking...

So last night I got home late due to a very needed Girls Night Out with frozen yogurt and conversation. I actually lost track of time. (Really!) But that's a goodthing, since I usually don't and I'll hurry home as soon as I think it's getting late. It was much-needed and great.

(Watch out, this may get gross!) So, on to nose picking! Twice now, including today and Wednesday night, Moose has given himself a bloody nose from picking. He told me before that he picks his nose in bed because no one can see him. The first one was pretty bad, getting all over himself, bedding, and he even touched his sister's face. (Eww, I know.) He had no idea what was going on, never having had a bloody nose before. Today he was napping on the couch and it wasn't as dark, so he went and got a tissue like we told him to. I didn't even realize he had a bloody nose til I came out from our room to go somewhere. It wasn't a bad one fortunately. But still, eww! I've tried to tell him how gross it is, but I'm sure this will be a long-term battle. Perhaps I'll have to ease up a touch and choose my major battles over the nose-picking. Maybe we'll have consequences for giving himself a bloody nose, but otherwise I'll leave it be unless I see boogers? Maybe.

Oh, the joys of parenthood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment