The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, January 2

New Year...

So technically yesterday would've been the day to write about the New Year, but since tomorrow's the hub's first day back at work, it really feels like tomorrow is more the beginning of a new year. So here's our old year in review.

*Monkey turns 1. Holy cow!

*Moose turns 4. Double holy cow!

*I got pregnant. (No cow comments!)

*The hubs was able to start his second year teaching high school. It's been significantly easier than last year. Yay.

*Moose is smarter and more active than ever. He's getting pro at writing his name, he can add (using his fingers), and has started learning to read. We're going to vamp up his school days at home with some new stuff soon. Hopefully it'll be tons of fun!

*Monkey is communicating better than ever. She has a new word every other day and is so much happier and sure of what she wants. (Or doesn't want.) Her latest words include bite, glove, boot, and her favorite new phrase is "please papa". (Which she says to me too.)

*Monkey has also warmed up to our extended family that lives near us. She's been the more stranger-danger out of the two kids, but lately has completely opened up. It's so sweet. We had family over tonight to celebrate the hub's birthday and she was laughing and giggling with everyone. It was awesome.

*Moose started a home-group preschool with a few friends of ours. He's by far the oldest and so I didn't know how he would like it, but it's been a great way for him to socialize and learn better group behaviors. I don't think he's actually learning much, since they do letters and things, but we still do things at home for that. Overall it's been great and he's finally getting more friends here, which is awesome! (And it's a great prep for starting kindergarten this fall. I can't believe it!)

So it's been a busy year. It's all gone so fast. I've learned that the more children we have the faster time goes. But with the pregnancy that's been great since this one has gone so fast I can hardly believe I only have 3 more months. And I know those 3 will just fly by. This upcoming year we're going to add another baby to our family, hopefully start the hub's third year of teaching high school, put our oldest boy in kindergarten (Aah!!) and who knows what else?! Time will tell.

As long as I can keep my perspective on what's most important to me (this sweet family of mine!) I know that I'll be able to take everything that comes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment