The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, January 3

Morning Mama...

So I have never been a morning person. Ever. The hubs is totally the other way around. He'll jump right out of bed, hop in the shower and get to the day. Me, not so much. However, we're trying to change up our morning routine so he can get out of the house faster, and then get home earlier in the evening. So basically, in order for this to work, I have to get up when the kids do. Before, they would get up and he'd do his things while getting them breakfast, or otherwise entertaining them. No longer.

So this morning, I woke up with the kids. It actually went well because they slept in a bit for the first time in about 2 weeks. Moose was up at 6:30. (The hubs left at 6:15, so he was able to do his whole morning routine solo, which he liked.) He layed next to me in bed til 7. Then a few minutes later, Monkey woke up too. We took our time to make breakfast. (Not just cold cereal today! Oh no!) Then we all got dressed, doing our morning chores, and getting ready for the day. It turned out awesome!

I know this won't happen everyday, but I'm super glad it went so well on the first day. So now we're working on getting them to bed earlier, since they have a hard time with the concept of stay up late = sleeping in. This might give me and the hubs more time together at night to relax, and ultimately get to bed earlier too. The hubs was lights out on his side of the bed by about 9:45 last night. But he is the one who wakes up at 5. I'll sleep in as long as possible. I know once this baby is born and nursing I'll be the one with a multi-timed wake up every night. I'll enjoy this while I can.

So here's hoping I can handle another morning tomorrow. And that they'll not wake up at 6:00. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment