The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, January 27

Nice Moments...

So I've noticed ever since we've gotten Monkey back to her sleeping schedule she has been back to her sweet self. We made some changes to our routines lately, with the hubs leaving for work earlier so he can come home earlier, and I had to make a mental change to be more of a morning Mama. This was such a good thing. Although she's starting sleeping in til 7:30 (and then watching Baby Einstein for 30-60 mins.!) I've just had a better mental attitude about the kiddos during the day. I mentioned before making a conscious choice to not let their bad naps, cranky attitudes ruin my day, and boy has it helped! Anyway, lately her naps have been just short of 2 hours (vs. the 3 hours they used to be) and Moose usually goes down about 30 minutes after her in my room. So I have anywhere from 1 1/2 hrs to 45 minutes alone. A bit less than I used to. But I find that it's totally okay. She's in such a better mood when she's up and let's me get things done if I want to. But the last two days after she wakes up, she'll come sit next to me in our big lounger chair and she'll watch Baby Einstein (Baby Mozart) while I read a book. It's so great. Throughout the show she'll giggle and play with me, and it's the sweetest thing. We'll do this for about an hour. I really cherished it today, knowing that it probably won't last forever. I'm so glad for little things like this that can be so rejuvenating emotionally and just in general. Helps me keep going on those days when there aren't so many nice moments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment