The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, January 15

Nesting...

I don't really think I'm nesting. At least not yet. Although I have had a desire lately to pull out the newborn clothes. But I don't currently have anywhere to put them, so they've stayed in the tub under the crib. But today was another day of super productivity. Bathrooms were cleaned, kitchen spiffied, not to mention scrubbing the bath tub and shower. The kids (so cute) really wanted to help clean the first bathroom. Monkey loves going and getting a rag. Moose helped me clean the counter, and they both flanked the toilet to help scrub the outsides. Then they both took a turn scrubbing the inside once I was done. I've always tried to be uber patient when my kids want to help with chores since I want them to enjoy doing it as long as possible, so they're not super slackers with their chores like I was growing up. (No comment necessary Mom.) I must say, it's felt really awesome being so productive.

I also cleaned photos and videos off our old computer and put them on cd's. Now I'll put them on the new computer. I took off videos and pics from 2010, and a few videos from 2009. Those were mostly of Monkey as a little one. I just adored watching them. She was so precious. It was so strange to see her so young. (the youngest videos were of her at 4 months old.) When she woke up from her nap, she came and watched them with me, and absolutely loved it. It prepped me mentally, a bit, for the idea of having another baby that size in the house again. I'm still not ready, but I've got a little over 2 months to finish prepping myself.

And I know I just said I was done talking about this, but I think we might've figured something out. The past 2 nights after Monkey's finally fallen asleep, we've had long talks about what her deal is, and last night the hubs did some internet searching. You can really find useful opinions and whatnot out there. Anyhow, we think we might know what the initial issue is. I'm not going to tell yet. (Just in case I'm wrong.) But a few days should do the trick to see if it makes a difference. Then I'll share our insights. But I'm very hopeful that we've finally figured out what is causing her sleep issue. Fixing it still might be tough, but I'm far more hopeful that I've been before. So wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment