The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, January 14

Moving On...

So last night turned out to be one of those one hour put downs for Monkey. I'm so over it. We're still going to deal with it daily, as is our lot as parents, but I'm officially done talking about it. I could literally talk about it everyday until she figures this out. But I'm done.

Today was a pretty productive day. I've unofficially adopted Fridays as my do-it day. I got all the laundry done, sheets changed (at least on their beds), kitchen cleaned, random sewing projects done, and other little tidbits. It really is a good way to get the kids not to pester me. Tomorrow will likely be more of the same. Perhaps in the next week or so I'll actually finish Monkey's Christmas dress I was making her. The bodice is mostly done and all that's left is the skirt. So perhaps by next Sunday she'll be able to wear it to church. :)

I have less than 3 months until this little girl is born. With everything else going on in our lives right now, I officially don't care if she gets a name or not. I'm sure we'll pick one, but for now I could care less. It's hard to imagine the future, knowing it's going to get busier and harder, when things are busy and tough right now. I know it'll change and I'll adapt, but it's still hard to wrap my brain around. So I mostly avoid thinking about it.

Hope she falls asleep soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment