The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, January 13

Returning to Normal...

Except for an unwelcome wake-up from Monkey at 5:15 this morning (which led to me being awake til 6) it seems like things are returning to normal a bit. Monkey's falling asleep a bit easier and taking nice naps again. She's been increasingly more pleasant. I find my days (as long as I don't have a wacky night's sleep) easier to manage and my moods have been better. I'm able to be more productive, not only during naptime but all day long. Monkey's finally getting to an age where she semi-entertains herself. Or she tries to help. Either way I'm able to do chores or cross things off my to-do list at times other than naptime, which feels nice. It feels like we're going to get in this nice flow with the kids and then we'll have another one and throw things back into chaos. But that's what happens anyhow. It's like they always say, "There's never a good time to have a kid." It's so true. But I suppose there are worse times to have one, and now's not one of those. And I don't have a choice at this point anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment