The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, January 6

Pokes...

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. When my son asked me about it, he inevitably asked if I would be getting a poke. (aka needles) I told him yes, since I was taking care of my glucose test today. He was completely freaked out. I had to calm him down a bit. He's got a needle thing. Anyway, I did my glucose drink (for those not savvy, you have to drink this soda like concoction that doesn't taste very good in under ten minutes. Then within the hour you have to have your blood drawn.) and went in for my poke. I finally gained some weight. I think I'm at around 14-15 pounds gained. With 12 weeks to go, I'm hoping I can stay under 25 total.

Well, the kids are in bed and most likely asleep from exhaustion since naps were a total bust today. So I'm going to take this opp. to go and relax with the hubs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment