The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, January 11

What Sleep Does...

Today has been an amazing example of what sleep does to my kiddos. Moose got up at 6:50, and Monkey shortly after 7. It was wonderful. She was absolutely delightful today. She took a wonderful nap from about 1:45-4:00. After that she continued to be wonderful. Her moods were so much easier to handle and overall she was so cheerful. Amazing. They're going down right now. If only we could duplicate whatever happened to make tomorrow go the same way. That's another thing with kids though. You'll have a successful day with whatever it is that ails them, but really have no way of duplicating it again since a million things happened that day and you can't tell exactly what it was that made the difference. Oh well. I've been working very hard (mentally) to keep a good attitude no matter what happened. Like when Monkey fell asleep getting Moose from his preschool group. Totally didn't see it coming, but decided before we got home that I wouldn't let it ruin my afternoon if she refused to nap or whatever else. Perhaps my attitude change was all that mattered? I guess that's an experiment I could try again tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment