The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, January 12

Tired Me...

The kiddos woke up just after 6 again today. And unfortunately I woke up about every 30 minutes from 3:00 on. Monkey woke up crying, and then after that it was just me. Bad dreams about her waking up, and who knows what else making me wake up. So I was a bit tired. I've learned that on days like these I just try to do the minimal amount of things possible so I don't get crabby and grouchy, cause that's never pretty. So I stayed in my pj's and read a book on and off while keeping the kids happy. While they napped I tried to nap, and by the time they were done (which meant I was done) I was ready to try and start the rest of the day fresh. So after a super hot bath we all went to the library (since we missed storytime this morning) and then came home for some buttermilk pancakes and eggs. (I must admit the pancakes were quite yummy. Thank you BHG Cookbook.) Then we all tried to relax together. I read, Moose watched Garfield on the computer, and the hubs and Monkey ate grapefruit. It was nice. Monkey was particularly sweet after dinner, making me smile and laugh every few minutes. Although it wasn't a stellar day, it was overall very pleasant. I made the decision this morning that I wouldn't let my tiredness ruin their day and tried the power of positive thinking again. I must say that it made a difference today too. Even if nothing was really all that much better because of it, I felt like the stress wasn't so bad. I didn't get dressed til about 4, but it wasn't a big deal. I napped for maybe 30 minutes, but it was enough, the kids weren't angels but they did their best. It was a good day, and I my mind was open enough to see it. I'd call that successful.
Perhaps this new mindset will help me prep for having another baby. I'm sure it will help on those days when I stop and realize, "Holy cow, I'm having another kid! What was I thinking?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment