The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, January 23

Oops...

As I was laying in bed last night, I realized I had forgotten to post. I was actually quite bummed. It'd been a while since I missed a day, and before now it was usually on purpose. So, last night was an accident.

Today was a good day. We took the kiddos to church, tried to do naps, but that didn't work. (I'm suspecting it was because they were in the same room. We had that working before Monkey's sleep issue hit, and have since regressed. Moose always naps in my bed cause they just can't handle it. Neither one of them.)

So when we go to the library most weeks for storytime, Monkey never gets anything. She doesn't really care about their books at her age, and Moose always picks the videos, which she's not interested in watching either. However, the last time we went she picked out a Baby Einstein video, so I got it for her. We got one once before, and she ignored it. But I thought I'd try. It's been over a week now and let's just say she loves it! It's Baby Mozart. And this week we found Baby Brahms (or something). It's so neat to see her sit and watch something intently. Although she does like to spin whenever something on the movie is spinning.

Anyhow, to today. She asked to watch it. (She calls it "baby" since we call it the baby show. Baby Einstein. Get it? Anyway.) So the hubs put in the Brahms one, which has a bunch of lullabies on it. Now, remember she hadn't taken a nap today, and after maybe ten minutes or so, she fell asleep on his lap. It was the sweetest thing ever! Our kids are not the type to fall asleep in odd places, on the floor, or anything like that. We put them in bed regularly enough, and mostly on time, so they just don't do that. But she did, and it was adorable. I even took a picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment