The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, January 5

No Nap For Me...

Or anyone else for that matter. Today was one of those days. I think I handled it pretty well. But I'm still exhausted. Miss Monkey woke herself and her brother up at around 6:15. Moose said it was too early and went back to bed for about half an hour. She was a grouch most of the morning and went down at noon. Unfortunately, she only slept for an hour. She woke up right as Moose went to sleep in my bed. I wouldn't let her get up, because I know better, and she had an all out scream fest. It was insane. I feel sorry for my neighbors whenever this sort of this starts. I hope they don't hear much. (But they probably do.) But it didn't last forever. Especially since I was laying down in front of the door. (I was completely set on taking a nap today, which is rare. So I was totally geared up for sleep.) She finally went back to bed and I layed down next to her, prepared to nap with her. She was getting all droopy eyed and whatnot as I sang to her, and then guess what happened? I hear a door open (not her bedroom door) and Moose's signature *thunk, thunk, thunk* down the hallway, calling my name. He wanted to know if he had taken a nap. (Whenever he has to ask, it's because he hasn't. He'd been in there 30 minutes.) This was all it took to snap Monkey out of her droopy sleepiness and put her on the road to awake. But I made her lay in bed for a long time anyway. I finally gave up right before 3 o'clock, making her lay there in bed by me for well over an hour. Right after I let her go out of the room (hoping to still lay in her bed for a while) Moose came out too, again asking if he had napped.

I still tried laying in bed after they woke up, but Monkey's not good at letting Moose play along with his new toys, so the peace was short-lived. So I'm one tired Mama. And I'm still adjusting to getting up with the kiddos whenever they wake up, instead of sleeping in til around 7 when the hubs used to leave for work. But I know I'll adjust. Or I'll just be tired until the weekend, when I can sleep in, or until spring break. (the week I'm due.) Even if I do catch up on sleep, I'll just go back to being tired once she's born. Oh well. Not worth thinking about. I can handle tired. I'll just look forward to sleeping in Saturday and Sunday. Two days should be rejuvenating enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment