The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, February 26

Change in plans...

So our day trip was cancelled this morning as all possible roads we were going to take were closed due to weather. It was weird for us to have an entire day that we planned to be gone suddenly become open. So we sent my father-in-law back home and started sorting the day out. My first order of business was to go back to sleep. I was up for a few hours in the early morning and woke up early anyhow to get ready, so I was feeling pretty sluggish. I was planning on sleeping a bit in the car with the hubs, so instead I slept for another hour while the hubs entertained the kids. Then we ran some random errands as a group, which was fun since there was really no pressure to do or accomplish anything in particular. The kids took a decent nap, as well as the hubs while I watched some tv and ate my lunch. Then we ended up dropping the kiddos off at the grandparent's house while the hubs took me out for my birthday. It's not til Tuesday. Well, technically it's not til next year. There's no Feb. 29th this year, which is my birthday. But I'm a year older nonetheless. So we had a quiet dinner, which was great. We were planning on walking around a bit, which sounded good at the time. However, when we got to Target and started walking I got pretty light-headed and dizzy. Luckily, we were wandering around the baby stuff. So I found a nice place to sit and we talked about possible things we still needed. Some newborn pacifiers, long sleeved-onesies (for this fantastic cold weather) and little odds and ends. It didn't take too long for me to feel better. It was slightly odd. Although I just blame it on the baby pressing some appendage against something in my body that is vital for proper blood circulation. Amongst other things she presses against that will do weird things to my body. Then we picked up the kiddos, who were having a total blast, and brought them home and put them to bed. Now, we're going to finish watched a movie that we started last night, while enjoying our take-home dessert of cheesecake with huckleberries ontop. Yummy. So happy early birthday to me. Ooh, and I finally finished Monkey's Christmas dress I was doing back in December. Finally. Good thing she's getting a younger sister who will get more wear out of it.  And I worked a bunch on a quilt top for the new baby that I cut out around 5 years ago. I didn't start sewing it until pretty recently. But made huge progress today. Now that her dress is done, my project schedule feels wide open. I'm hoping to get the top done before my mom shows up. I've never made a quilt before and know nothing about putting a back on it, let alone putting it all together. Anywho, time to go relax. And hope this baby leaves my right ribs alone. Ooh, and if I remember I'll tell you how I totally killed my left hip today. Maybe it will be feeling better and won't make me waddle like a penguin tomorrow. Oh the joys... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment