The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, February 12

Valentine's Day Prep...

So I don't think I've mentioned that for the last 12 days, I've been doing somthing special to count down til V-day. I bought them both little V-day buckets and every day after they eat a good lunch, I put some V-day candies in their bucket. Every other day, I give them something more like a book, special treat, etc. Tonight we made sugar cookies and the kiddos got to frost and put sprinkles on them. It was tons of fun. Me and Moose made the frosting and the hubs and Monkey mixed up the sugar cookie mix. (Normally I make them homemade, but we got a mix at Christmas.) It was great. I loved that the hubs was able to be around and do it with us too. Tomorrow they'll get their normal V-day candies and on V-day I'm whipping up a special menu for most of the day. Heart shaped pancakes, pink milk, red jell-o, maybe heart shaped pepperoni pizza. :) It should be fun.

I forgot yesterday, but I hit my 33 week mark. 7 more to go. 6 more til my Mom arrives. We're getting super jazzed about her coming. The reality of our little gal coming is starting to hit me. A little bit. I think once we've settled on a name it'll help. We're close. But there's no telling it'll stick. We've not had the best luck with names so far. But I know we'll get one eventually. Anyway, the clock's ticking for me. In a good way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment