The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, February 8

The Hubs...

Today was a more normal scheduled day, which meant the kiddos got some time with the hubs this evening. Poor Monkey hadn't seen him since yesterday morning. Moose was up early enough to see him this morning before he left for work. But it was quite the joy for them to be able to play with him this evening. He corraled them to their bedroom to play while I made dinner (probably more for my sanity than for them), and then proceeded to occupy their attentions after dinner as well. I could the giggles, and "ion canons" blasting from the bedroom and knew they were having a blast. (Especially Moose.) It just made me think again how lucky I am to have a partner in my parenting. Not to mention that he's a homebody, work doesn't take him far, or for long, and he has no social needs outside of me. So I can have as much of his attention as I want. I have two sisters whose husband's work takes them away for chunks of time, and they've been living this way for years. They both have two kids the same ages as mine, and I just don't know how they handle it. I was telling the hubs that I could fly solo more often, I would just be way more stressed out and not nearly as nice. (Not that I'm all that nice, but I'm working on it.) So to all of you who single parent, or who do it often enough that you feel like a single parent, I salute you. I don't know how you do it, I never want to do it, may you have all the love and support you need. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment