The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, February 25

False Alarms...

I'd like to wish that the false alarms were me in early labor. 5 weeks is a bit early, but it would have been somewhat exciting I guess. No, those false alarms are purely Monkey. She was sitting on the potty today and every few minutes she would announce that she had "pee!" But upon getting up and checking, it was "no pee." I was starting to think she really didn't know what she was doing. Which I know she's still learning. However, I could tell the difference when she finally stood up and looked and there was some. Boy was she excited! "PEE!" We've now taken to calling the hubs whenever she has success so she can tell yell it to him over the phone. It's pretty cute.

So I have 5 weeks left. 4 til my mom arrives. I have my next visit this coming Thursday. Then I'm going in every week. I can tell that the little lady has moved higher. I don't have as much space under my ribs as I used to, and occasionally I have to shove a hand on my right ribs (always my right ribs) to remove the pressure. The same with all 3 pregnancies. It seems like my heartburn is coming back too. Anyway, she's certainly stretching out. For the record, Moose was 9 lbs. 22 in. Monkey was 7 lb. 7 oz. and 21 in. So there's no telling where this one will be. Moose was right on his due date. Monkey was 5 days early. I will say I'm hoping she follows the 5 days early pattern. That would be spectacular. But even if she hits her due date, I'd be happy. I've never gone late and really don't want to start now. But I'll deal with it, whatever happens. I'm starting to get very excited for her to come. I'm glad that it's less of a "I can't wait to get this baby out of me!" and more of a "I'm so excited for her to be out and about and with all of us." I think a positive attitude at the end (as positive as one can be when dealing with varying degrees of discomfort) helps to keep me more comfortable and upbeat. I think I could easily fall into the trap of literally counting down the days til she's born. (out of misery) But where's the fun in that? I try to enjoy the few weeks I have left with just my two kiddos before my attention is split 4 ways (gotta include the hubs in that split) instead of 3.  Anyhow, I'm excited. For everything that's coming.

Tomorrow we're headed for a day trip sans kiddos. It will likely take up our entire day so I might not post. But I'll be back with a vengeance Sunday night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment