The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, February 24

Potty and the hubs...

Even though we're not officially potty training, I feel like this will be a daily topic for me. It's just one of those things. Anyway, yesterday me and Monkey weren't having a good potty day and I was totally frustrated. I missed her window like 3 times by minutes and so I was annoyed with myself.  Then later yesterday I had her on the potty, knowing she had to do some business. She sat there for over half an hour, would not. Then within minutes of getting off the girl does some stinky do in her diaper. Seriously?!? I was so annoyed. So today I was buttering her up big time for taking care of the poops on the potty. I offered her ice cream, oreos from my private stash, whatever she wanted. She didn't go. But she didn't do it in her diaper either. So I suppose the timing was just wrong. Oh well. She had 3 successes today. The hubs said she woke up with a nearly dry diaper (unheard of) and totally filled the potty. Then she went twice for me. Both minor (she had already wet her diaper, but I had her sit down anyway and she managed a little something) but we'll take what we can get. She is still getting good at recognizing when she goes. She occasionally will tell me she's going to do something, but she's either not right, or doesn't want to when I sit her down. But we'll get there.

So, the hubs. Can I just say my hubs is amazing? Every day after coming home, we all eat dinner together. Then he goes and cleans up the table, dishes, and whatever didn't get cleaned up from cooking. After the dishwasher is started, he takes the kids to their bedroom and plays with them til bedtime. He is stinkin' amazing. I mean, the kids would be a disaster if he didn't. They miss him so much during the day. He usually leaves at 6:30 in the morning to bike to work. Sometimes he'll see them, but only if they wake up really early. Then he gets home at about 5:15 or maybe a little later. They're in bed, lights out at 7:15. So they really don't get too much time with him. But he's so awesome about it. Sometimes I feel guilty for not doing more of my part in entertaining them in the evening, but honestly-they don't want me. Not one bit. I can hardly wrestly with them, he is supremely creative and entertaining with them. They just love playing with him. I'm sure he enjoys parts of it. After spending the day with mostly ungrateful teenagers, he probably enjoys being able to make them so happy so easily.

My daughter just walked into the living room pushing her stroller with a battery-operated walking robot inside, legs wiggling and everything. I love my kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment