The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, February 22

Taking Little Steps...

Monkey had two successes in the potty today. Hooray! This morning, first thing, and after her nap. I learned that 2 hours is too long after she's had a meal. With her second success, she jumped up and declared that she had done something and she surely had. So I think that's a huge step in the right direction. It was pretty great. While I still say we're potty-familiarizing and no doing this whole-heartedly, it's still exciting to see progress made.

Despite the kids waking up at 6 this morning, the morning was pretty nice for me. I wasn't sleeping solid after 5 thanks to being pregnant, so it wasn't a huge deal to get up once he left. But the hubs got the kids dressed, and got Moose doing his chores so they were done before I got up. That made my morning so much easier, it was awesome! I gave them a killer breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and banana. Then I was able to shower and get ready without a rush.

Oh, so tiny backwards step, or sideways perhaps. Last night as I was checking on the kiddos like we always do, Moose was completely flipped around on his bed. So I turned him around so he could get tucked in. My eyes kept being drawn to a spot on the wall. So I got a closer look and decided it looked like smeared blood. So the hubs grabbed a flashlight and we did our best to inspect the area without waking up Moose. Sadly, I was right. He had a bloody nose and had smeared some on the wall, his pillow, and a tissue. I think he thought it was just a runny nose, since it wasn't a ton. He has had a runny nose the last few days. And since it wasn't too bad, we didn't get him up or change any of his bedding. So his pillow case is most likely stained. Oh well. I'll wake him up next time. As much as I don't want there to be a next time, I'm sure there will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment