The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, February 21

Holidays...

Today was a nice day because the hubs had the day off. However, it always ends up being a day when one of the kids is completely hyperactive, so the hubs takes them out in the cold to burn their energy. But since I'm not all that excited about romping about in the freezing weather, I stay home and spend a big chunk of the morning alone. Not that being alone is bad, it's just not time I can spend with the hubs. We did spend the rest of the day together, and the kiddos are already in bed so we've got a relaxing night together too.

While they were out, I finished washing all of the baby's blankets, spit rags, bedding, etc. It doesn't all have a home yet, but everything is officially washed.

Tomorrow and Thursday are my days to host preschool. We've only got 3 kids though, since the youngest is out of town. I'm expecting it to be really easy. That might be a bad call on my part, but I figure it can't be too bad. Of the 3, Moose will most likely be the most difficult since I'm his mom. Actually, Monkey will be the most difficult. But that's okay. :)

We had one successful trip to the potty today for Monkey. Probably would've had 2, but she had leaked out this morning, so we didn't get her there fast enough I guess. But we're taking a very half-hearted approach to her potty experience. I can't even call it potty training. Although I do think we had a minor victory with her today. When she had her success on the potty, she started talking about doing it. So we checked and something was there. I think she was acknowledging when it happened, which she hadn't done before. So perhaps she's becoming slightly more aware. That would be a step in the right direction.

As crazy as it sounds, even to me, I still consider homeschooling Moose. I googled curriculums for kindergarten today. I can't actually say I'd go through with it right now, but it's always on the back of my mind.

Well, I'm gonna go spend time with the hubs. He's back to work tomorrow. Today was his last holiday until spring break, the last week of March. Which is when the baby's coming. Yay! My mom is due here March 25 (my big bro's birthday!) and that is also the last day of school for him. Then it's party hardy all week long. :) I'm certainly counting down anyway. For his time off, for my mom's arrival, and mostly for our little lady to join the rest of us out here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment