The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, February 2

The Way Things Were...

The past 2 days have been sick days around here, but that ends tomorrow. Moose's preschool host is off the sick list, so we're heading on over. Moose isn't sick either. He had some congestion Monday, but it's gone. Me and Monkey are still battling some congestion, but it's not really bad for either of us. It's going to be really good to get back to things. The last two mornings, the kids have let me sleep in (which has been great, don't get me wrong) but to do so, Moose has watched a bit more movies than normal. And neither of them are getting the same amount of physical activity they usually do. So naps have suffered quite a bit. I'm thinking it's just because they're just not as tired. But by the end of the day, they are definitely mentally exhausted. I just think they don't feel it as much physically so they fight sleeping more. But tomorrow, we're back to it. Not to mention that I've got a doctor's appointment and I'm getting my hair cut. (It's only been 12 weeks. Last time it was 1 1/2 years between cuts. Look at me!) I know it's going to be tiring to get everything done tomorrow and not go nuts, but it's going to be a more satisfying naptime. I can feel it! I'm also hoping to drop by the library and pick up a book they have on hold for Moose. It's from the Magic Treehouse series. I was looking for chapter books to read to him that he would enjoy, and that me and the hubs would enjoy reading too. I'm hoping he gets into it. We tried a Boxcar Children book last summer, but he was a bit younger then, and it was harder for him to follow. (Lack of pictures didn't help either.) We did read it, but he didn't love it. I'm hoping these ones are more his taste. And hopefully his being even a little bit older should help too.

So despite my being able to sleep in til, dare I say it, 10, I'm glad to get back to the way things were. (And that's not straight sleep, but just how late I could stay in bed before I was forced out. Generally by Monkey. Moose would watch movies all day and leave me be.) As long as I get a good night's sleep tonight, I'll be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment