The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, February 17

What A Day...

Today was a very typical day with kids. They woke up at 6. Monkey had a super wet and gross diaper, since late yesterday evening she decided she wanted to get back on the band wagon of drinking milk. (She jumped off back when she had a cold and had yet to really want to drink it since.) We made Moose go back to bed since he has a cough, though I'm sure he didn't sleep, but laid there looking at the clock. Due to his cough, Moose stayed home instead of going to preschool group. So they both go to go with me to my doctor's appointment. Another uneventful appointment. (I mean that in a good way.) I did hit my 20 lb. marker for weight gain. Otherwise, everything is on schedule far as we can tell. Then me and the kiddos came home and bummed around til lunchtime. After they ate, I put them down as well as myself. Although I was only able to sleep comfortably for about 30 minutes. Monkey was awake 30 minutes after that, although she successfully entertained herself for a good 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes after that. Moose got up after 1 1/2 hours, and hadn't slept. I made him go back to bed for another 30 minutes, but he didn't get up since he finally fell asleep. He proceeded to sleep for 2 hours, with some help from me to wake up. He even slept through a piano lesson. (Which was nice.) We had a nice dinner, put Monkey to bed early (since she'd been up since 2, after a 1 1/2 hour nap, and waking up at 6 am. The girl was tired.), and then got Moose to bed at 8. I'm really hoping they don't wake up so early tomorrow. But more, I'm hoping my back doesn't hurt tonight. Though I'm going to keep some tylenol bedside just in case. And the hubs volunteered to give more frequent back massages. (I can have them whenever I ask, really. He's so great.) Although this pregnancy has been so amazing and non-problematic, if my back continues to hurt like this (here's hoping it doesn't) I'm going to be a super tired lady for the next 5 weeks til my mom comes. As of tomorrow, I'm 34 weeks. 6 more weeks til the due date. 5 more til mom comes. I have an appointment in 2 weeks, then I'm in there every week. Weird. We might finally have a name. But we've said that twice before, so I'm keeping hush, hush about it. Anywho. Think nice thoughts for me (and my back) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment