The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, February 11

Potty Time and Bedroom Woes...

This morning Monkey went pee on the potty! That's a statement only other parents can truly appreciate, I think. Or other very sweet and sympathetic friends. I imagine most people think it's gross to talk about it, but I've already talked about way worse on here. So, she did. She wanted to sit on it in order to get a blue M&M. (She gets one for sitting and trying, two for pee, three for poop.) Her diaper was super full, but I let her sit on it anyway, to encourage a friendly relationship with the potty. So she sat for a while, I gave her juice to drink. Gotta encourage things to happen, you know. After a while she said she was done, and I figured nothing happened. But after she got up, I saw a bunch of pee. Woohoo! I tried to make a big deal out of it, as it's the first time she's done anything on there. Hopefully she'll realize it didn't hurt, wasn't too weird, etc. I am not planning on potty training. I don't think she's totally ready. But if we can get her doing it occasionally, right on! The closer she is before the baby comes, the better.

So, on to the bedroom woes. This just happened, so I'm still peeved about it. We put the kids down a little early. They've been waking up a touch early, and they had a super active afternoon playing at McD's with a friend. So they were plenty tired. But here I am an hour later, and I'm pretty sure that door's not opening up again. The only reason why is because I just busted Moose for encouraging Monkey to get out of bed. He was literally going to her bed and talking to her about things so she'd open the door. The last time she came out she said she wanted to watch her "baby show" aka Baby Einstein. Where on earth did that come from? Now I know. Moose. She had opened the door probably 4-6 times. Can't remember. Closer to 6. So frustrating. She didn't get in big trouble any of those times, but at one point we were taking away her paci and she was crying about it. To then find out she was doing it because he was whispering in her ear makes me so upset. Anyway, I can't wait until we have a 3 bedroom place and I can separate those two. They're not good for each other. The last two mornings they've gotten up at 6:20. This morning, she turned their light on and woke him up. If it's not her waking up him, it's the other way around. Although sometimes he just comes right out and is quiet about it so she stays asleep. But it's tough. Oh well. Woes of parenting and shared bedrooms. I can only imagine what my parents went through with all 7 of us and 2 bedrooms between us. (3 boys in one room-you know that was trouble- and 4 girls in the other-equally trouble) Well, here's to tonight and the weekend. May it be relaxing as can be and fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment