The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, November 9

Adjusting...

Today has been a mental day to adjust to the new knowledge we have. Finding out the sex of a baby can take some time to settle in. At least for this one. With the first two, they were the first boy or first girl, so it had its own excitment aspect. But with this little one, it's more about adjusting to the idea of another little personality. I'm realizing that this girl is not going to be another Monkey. She'll be completely different (possibly) and her own little person. With the first two it was easy to expect differences because one was boy and one was girl. But this is a whole new ballgame in a way. But I'm completely okay with the fact that we're having a little girl. It feels strangely natural and expected. I guess, I feel strangely calm about it. It's hard to explain. I guess I know that this baby is meant to be in our family. I did tell Moose yesterday, when he was sad about not having a little brother, that we probably weren't done having kids, so we might have a boy after this one. Isn't it strange to know that we will probably have more kids? I know that time will tell, and who knows what will happen when this little one actually joins the family. But for now, my gut feeling tells me that 3 is not our final number.

Monkey's still working on those darn canines. She chewed a huge hole in one of her pacifiers. Her congestion is really bad and she's getting a cough. I hope those teeth come in the next day or two so she will be back to herself. She's been so dramatic and grouchy the last 2 days. But this is the same thing that happened with her last 2 molars, so I'm hoping that's all it is. We haven't had a cold yet, and I'd like to last as long as possible before we start passing one around.

Today when we were calling some family to tell them about the baby, Moose was doing the talking and when he told his Uncle about the baby being a girl, he said that he would be able to protect his sisters. Isn't he the sweetest thing? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment