The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, November 7

Time change...

So last night we moved the clocks back. It was so great. We went to bed at "9" and I woke up at "7" feeling super rested. I even woke multiple times during the night (had to have a potty break, of course) and recall each time thinking how great I felt. Moose didn't wake up til around 6:30, which meant he slept in past 7! Monkey woke up around 8:30. Could've even been later, but I went in once I heard sounds, since we had to leave for church shortly afterwards. But it was so nice to not have to wake her up to go. I know tomorrow won't feel the same for me. It seems those things are a one-night deal for me, so I try to soak it up. Perhaps my body will slowly transition, but I usually snap right into the time I'm in. (Traveling can do that to you, which I did a bit after high school.)

It was also a nice Sunday. Me and the hubs took some nice reflection time, talked about goals, changes we want to make, and brainstormed some ideas for Moose. We want to help him learn that Sunday is a different day, it's not like Saturdays. He already knows this, but we wanted to help him find more appropriate Sunday activities. So we designated a tub, and printed out tons of things from The Friend website. (if you're interested in where it's at, let me know. Awesome resources!) So we have a stack of scripture-oriented coloring pages, mazes, and activity pages. I made a list for him of things he can do, to help him when he's getting bored. He gets to watch one Sunday show, which has been our habit for years now. He usually watches Veggie Tales. (I really love those things.)  But now he has all of his Sunday books and print-outs in one place. Also on his list are to write letters to family/friends, cook with the hubs or me, or play quiet games. This afternoon his post-nap was great. He was really jazzed up about the print-outs and we wrote a letter to a lucky family member. (Getting mailed tomorrow. Who will it be??) I imagine we'll probably end up writing a letter every Sunday. He really liked that part. It was nice to try and help him set apart Sunday as a special day and find things to do that will help us all to remember that.

A great day. I have some changes to implement into my daily routines tomorrow. Here's hoping it goes well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment