The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, November 20

Christmas Shopping...

So the hubs and I did a bunch of Christmas shopping yesterday. (Half of which is now wrapped.) This evening after he got home from work, I went off on my own to JoAnns to pick up materials for the homemade projects I have in mind. I was actually able to stay in budget (Yay!) and I'm super excited. Most of them are really easy, so they shouldn't take too long. I can't wait.

Moose saw the wrapped presents when he got up from his nap. He wanted to know who they were for and which were his. He's so excited. As we said good night he asked me when the new month would begin. I told him not until after Thanksgiving. Then he got excited and said something about, "That's when Christmas comes!" It's so cute.

I'm pretty eager for Thanksgiving to be over. Not that I'm not thankful. :)  I'm so excited to get out Christmas decorations, satisfy my urge to bake (won't have time til Thanksgiving is over for that.), and decorate the tree. I love the anticipation I get from Moose. Last year he was jazzed about opening the presents, but he didn't have the anticipation. Moose has been waiting for Christmas all year long. It's so cute. It just brings out the childhood excitement for me all over again. Only now I'm excited to watch my kids open their presents, not to open my own.

Oh, have I mentioned we're not teaching him about Santa? I don't remember ever believing in Santa and I was fine. I just can't lie to him about some fictional big guy going down chimneys and bringing him presents. (I don't think it's wrong to do so, I just can't bring myself to do it.) I'm very proud of the fact that we bought those presents with our hard-earned money. Not Santa. Anyway, what are your philosophies on Santa? Like I said, I'm not against him. But my kid might be the one who decides to tell your kid he's not real. :)

1 comment:

  1. We have never told our daughter about Santa either. Our decision came when she was young. As she grew older, we told her how un-happy her friends parents would be with her if she told her friends that Santa was not real, so we have never had a problem with it. Totally feel the same way as you though.

    ReplyDelete