The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, November 6

Burnt out...

The hubs worked his Saturday job again today. And probably will be working Saturdays through December. Although I'm super grateful for this extra income, because we are grateful for every bit we can get, I'm afraid I was not prepared for his absence today. I missed a baby shower (though there are going to be many coming up, I was still excited about this one), and mostly spent the day at home with the kids. That wasn't so bad. I was really productive, trying to make the best of the day. I got lots of good things done. But by the time 4 rolled around, I was done with the day. Me and the hubs were trying to talk via phone the whole day, but they were having a huge sale, so it was real busy. It was really hard to even get through to the store, since apparently they set one line to "busy" all day and only had one functioning phone line. Then everytime we tried to talk, he'd have to get off and help a customer. It was no one's fault, but still ultimately frustrating. We were having a date night tonight. By the time it came around, we got some Dominos pizza and watched part of an episode of Numb3rs. (our current Netflix tv series we're finishing. Last season!) I think I was also bummed out because we were planning a big date night. A friday night, saturday morning deal. But with him working Saturdays the next 2 months, that will take some of the relax out of our "sleep-in have a nice big breakfast without rushing" motif. Ahh well. Maybe we'll be able to buy a new couch. (We really need one.) The hubs is completely fixated on a new tv. He wants to be able to stream Netflix to our tv. But without a Wii or other game console, we have to get a really expensive tv in order to do it. Anyway, lame details. Dominos made me feel much better, and after the hubs is back with the kids and they're quietly sleeping in their beds (The quiet is optional) I'm going to continue to self-medicate with the tub of Moose Tracks that's in our freezer.

Have a nice night everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment