The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, November 15

Bed Time...

So last night was quite a night, which made today interesting. The hubs is sick, poor guy. He gets coughs like no other. It's so weird. Anyway, it keeps him up and he literally can't sleep. Nyquil and those types don't help a bit. So he was up til past 2 in the morning last night, trying to relax with our netflix. He finally fell asleep on the couch, thank goodness. Then, at 5:42 am, Moose came in. (Let me preface this story with "We are not early risers. Never have been. Period.") He went to the bathroom and then back to bed. He came back in at 6:00. I couldn't believe this. On a normal day he's up between 6:30 and 7, so I was not a happy camper. So I put him in my bed where the hubs would be and tried my best to sleep. Of course, he woke me up every 5 minutes or so. I did catch a few z's in there, but not nearly enough. Then at 7, the hubs was still sleeping, so I turned the light on in my bathroom, grabbed him some books and crayons and mostly closed the door. (This bathroom is in our bedroom, so it wasn't near the hubs on the couch.) This lasted for another hour. By 8, the hubs was up and around, having gotten maybe 5 hours of sleep. Poor guy was exhausted, and thanks to Moose, so was I. (Although I have to say Monkey stayed in her bed til after 8:30, bless that sweet girl. An early wake up from her could've done some serious damage this morning.)

So needless to say, today was a group nap day. The hubs still wasn't able to sleep really, since his codine had worn off, but it was too early to take another dose. (That's one of the only things that helps him.) But I rested, the kids sorta rested, and we all felt better after.

Then the hubs, bless his heart, took the kids out of the house while I had my piano student over. So it was peace and quiet, but for her sweet music.

Here's hoping we all sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment