The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, November 28

Threats...

Lately Monkey has been quite the stinker about going to bed. She now refuses to be put to bed by the hubs if I'm at home. And most recently she throws a fit whenever we close the door. Last night she was being a real tough cookie, and I was bothered. She eventually quieted down, but it was such a fuss. Today's naptime looked like she was trying the same tactic, and I had had it. So I went to her and said that if she didn't cut it out, I would take away her pacifier. That did the trick. I did it again tonight, and she didn't throw a single fit. Yay for that. We'll see how long it lasts. (And no, it's not an empty threat. I would take it away.)

We got out Christmas decorations today. Me and Moose put them out. We're doing the tree tomorrow. Which, by the way, we have a fake tree that we've had for a few years now. Great for apartments. But Moose went Christmas treeing with the fam and he picked out a perfect little tree for the kids room. He told my mother in law that it was the perfect tree. Too cute. So we're going to set it up in their room and let the kids put paper chains, strung popcorn, and painted styrofoam balls all over it. So long as they don't beat on it, it can stay in there. The hubs was actually for the idea, so I jumped on board. I think it'll be adorable. I guess we'll have to get them some lights too. I think Moose will just love it.

We're completely covered in snow here. It really makes it feel Christmasy. I'm actually really excited about all the countdowns we'll have going on. We have at least 2 advent calendars here at the house we'll be doing. Too fun. I just love how infectious the spirit of Christmas is! (Moose makes it even more so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment