The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, November 18

Tears and Time out...

So the last few days, Moose has been particularly weepy. My only guess is because he's been waking up super early to go to the bathroom. He goes back to bed, but I'm sure it disrupts his sleep, and I don't know how much he sleeps when he goes back to bed. This morning, it was in the 5 o'clock hour. (Maybe even around 5:00) The smallest things set him off and he literally starts bawling. So I severely limited any liquid intake this evening to try and prevent a super early potty trip. We'll see what happens.

Monkey has been a semi-permanent fixture in time out today. Mostly for yelling. My father-in-law and I discussed this just recently. Girls have a thing for screaming. Some boys do too, but it's still not the same decibel level that girls have. Something about girls and screaming. Anyhow, so she spent time there for that. And for not sitting in her chair at dinner. Even if we buckle her into her high chair, she can still get onto her knees and turn around. (I admit, I hate the buckle on our high chair. Silly design.) She just can't sit still in that chair very long. (Which I know is normal.) So she spent much of dinner in time out for not sitting in her chair. Oh, and for throwing. I don't know if she understands exactly what throwing means. It wouldn't surprise me, but I try to give her some wiggle room. But she was sent there a few times for throwing legos too. Was a few inches away from taking out one of Moose's eyes.

Tomorrow starts the Christmas shopping for us. We're going to go out during our date night tomorrow and start looking/buying. Pretty exciting. :) This is the first year we've had a budget to spend Christmas money on our kids, and we're pretty jazzed about it. It's hard to decide what to get though. But I know they'll love whatever they get. And they're getting plenty spoiled from their grandparents too. Lucky kiddos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment