The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, November 13

T.I.M.E...

Today managed to be another busy day. The hubs was working his Saturday job, then had a two hour meeting immediately afterwards. So me and the kiddos were flying solo. We ran over and I got fabric to cover the pillows to our new couch. That was kinda fun. Although two kids in a fabric store can be slightly stressful from time to time. But they did okay.

The rest of the day went pretty well. Naps happened. I worked on a day-project. A little diaper pouch. My darling friend shared her pattern for it, so I made it. Monkey hardly needs an entire diaper bag for our outings. Usually a diaper or two and some wipes, maybe diaper cream, and we're good. So I made that this afternoon, just for fun. Then dinner happened. Finally, the hubs came home. Yay.

Oh, and tons of laundry has been happening. But, after dinner, the hubs more or less commandeered  (probably spelled wrong, I know.) the kids and went to their room. They built a fort, played with the sheets, wrestled on the bed, and other exciting things. He mentioned as he was dragging a sheet down the hallway, with the kids clinging on for dear life and giggling uncontrollably, that he was giving them some quality T-I-M-E to show them how much he loves them.  I liked that.

Sometimes, as the parent who stays home all day, that concept is pretty much lost. For me, time is what they get no matter what. I suppose I should work on the quality aspect. But I loved that the hubs has been making an effort this past week to give them some time, though it may not be in large amounts due to his work schedule. But he gives them time, and I love that. I grew up with a dad who had an insane work schedule, who commuted multiple hours everyday, and didn't have a ton of time at home. But I have very specific memories of him making time for us. Whether there's a lot of it or not, making it special, setting it aside, makes all the difference. They probably won't recognize some of that til they're older, but eventually they will.

So glad my kiddos have such an awesome Papa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment