The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, November 8

Drumroll please...

We had the ultrasound this evening. We're having a little girl! It was not what I expected, well, not what I was hoping. But I knew that overall whatever we are having is what is meant to be in our family, so I'm pleased. It's going to take a while to sink into the idea, but we're happy. She's perfectly healthy and proportioned. She's approx. 12 oz. (which is a bit bigger than the average 8.5 oz at this stage). She measures a week earlier than my due date, but we're not changing anything. Moose and Monkey both measured big too. Moose was on his due date and Monkey was 5 days early.

When we came home and told Moose, he was sad. :(  He had told me earlier when I asked that he wanted a boy, so he could have a little brother. I don't know if I'd ever asked him before what he wanted the baby to be. I didn't follow up with, "Well, it might be a girl, so..." which I'm usually so careful to do. So he was a bit bummed out. But he quickly cheered up and is now perfectly okay with it. He has changed his name of choice to Suzy.

It was nice to finally see pictures of our little one. She was active and moving the whole time. We saw her smacking her lips, folding her hands, and tapping her feet.

20 more weeks to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment