The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, November 25

Happy Thanksgiving...

A wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone! Today was a very laid back and relaxed Thanksgiving, and it was wonderful. I spent the morning with my two adorable kiddos playing with each other, happily, for such a long time while I made rolls. Then they took wonderful naps while me and the hubs got the rest of our food contributions ready and cleaned up. We had a fantastic meal with family (who also happen to be friends!) and just had a great time.  What an amazing way to spend a day.

Today I am amazingly thankful for my kids, the one who inspire me every day, and led me to write this little blog of ditties every day. (Well, mostly every day.)  I am supremely thankful for my husband. He cooks, he cleans, he gives unselfishly every day. He's my daily battery that keeps me going and is constantly reminding me why I do what I do, and that I'm actually good at it.  I am thankful for my family, all the crazy siblings I grew up with, my parents, my new family and their kids. I have been so blessed with family that a day can't go by that I don't think of it.  I have so many wonderful people in my life, many who read this little blog. As we've moved around many times in our 6 1/2 years together, we've been able to have a new family everywhere we go. It's been such a pick-me-up. I have so much to be thankful for everyday, and I truly do my best to remember. But on a day like this, you just have to say these things out loud. (Or well, publicly.)

I hope everyone was able to remember one good thing today, one blessing. Sometimes I feel so spoiled, because I have enough to share multiple times over. Hopefully my little thoughts are one way I can do that. I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and a huge *thank you* to everyone who reads my little thoughts on motherhood and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment