The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, November 22

Banshee...

Today was my day one for getting Christmas Projects done. I did pretty good. Although the project I worked on was actually not Christmas related. But I bought the rest of my pillow cover fabric at the same time, so I got it done first. Although I am starting to work on a cross-stitch project tonight, that is Christmas related, which I'll probably work on a bit every night.

Today was a super stormy snowy day. Moose was rather bummed out that we couldn't go play in the snow. It was just so darn windy, it would've been pretty miserable. Especially for little Monkey who is still so new to snow, since she doesn't remember her first winter in it.

So, Monkey might be unofficially named Banshee if I have anything to say about it.  Yesterday night she was sitting and playing with a toy. She was having a hard time with something and got frustrated, and so she dropped what was in her hands and screamed as loud as she could. It was really funny at the time because you could tell it was born of pure frustration, though I made myself keep a straight face, not wanting to encourage that type of screaming.

But she seemed to like something about it, because everytime she got frustrated today, or maybe even just for no real reason, she let out a scream that I associate with horror movies. She spent a large portion of the morning in time out. This is one of those things that was only cute the first time. Not a single time after.

And I can only imagine what our neighbors must be thinking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment