The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, November 2

The Paci Saga Continues...

So this afternoon before Monkey's nap, I snipped the end of her pacifier. (I'd heard of this technique, but had forgotten about it for a while.) I have to say that it was absolutely hilarious watching her put it in her mouth the first time. It was absolute confusion. She would show it to me, stare at the broken part, put it in her mouth and point, and had a variety of facial expressions. She'd give it to me, want it back. It was really funny. She went to sleep fine, but Moose woke up after 1 1/2 hours and wasn't very quiet about opening or closing the door. She wouldn't go back to sleep after that, even though I tried giving her an unbroken paci. She stayed in bed for another 30 min. but I doubt she slept.

I didn't try it at bedtime. I'm going to slit another one tomorrow before her nap, and have Moose nap in the other room. It should be interesting. If it works, I'll do it again tomorrow night.

I was telling Monkey about the baby in my belly yesterday while she was looking at a picture of the baby Jesus. She stared at my belly real intently when I pointed to the picture of the baby and then pointed to my belly and said there was a baby in there. She wanted to look under my clothes to get a better look. I think she was curious. I mentioned it to her again tonight and rubbed my belly. She rubbed my belly too. It was so cute. She was in a rare cuddly mood, when she'd lean over and just give me a "cuddle" lean. After the belly rubbing, she'd lean onto the belly too. So sweet.

I told Moose yesterday about the ultrasound next Monday. He mentioned tonight that he's so excited to find out if it's a boy or girl. When I told him yesterday he mentioned again that if it's a boy we can call it Steve. Or Michael or Mike. I tried to pitch Micah, my current fave name. He thought it was a girl name and didn't like it. Go figure.

Less than a week. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment