The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, June 13

Bruiser...

So I am considering changing Monkey's nickname to Bruiser. Why, you ask? The girl can't stop from injuring herself. She hit her head yesterday somehow as she started walking up the stairs. Then turns out she has a pretty huge rug burn on her arm from Moose dragging her by her feet across the carpet. (A game they play. She loved it. I think he usually drags her by her arms, which explains why she's never had this happen before.)

However, today topped it off. We were at the in-laws house. Just to play in the lawn and have fun since it was a nice day and we needed to take some things over. They have stairs leading to their front door. She was on the very bottom step, crouched down and started leaning forward. She stayed in that stance, and fell forward, smacking her forehead on the pavement.

Of course, we didn't have a pacifier or her baby. But luckily she calmed down rather quickly and enjoyed playing with the cell phone on the short trip home. It's already a bit swollen and has a nice red scrape mark in the middle of it. Poor thing. I just finished explaining all of her bruises at church today. I wonder how many I'll get to explain next week?

I was ready to talk about my rough day of breaking my shoe strap and ripping the slit on my skirt a few inches while I was at church. Then attempting to play the piano for choir practice with the kids since the hubs was called in to work Sears today. But after all of her adventures, I decided she took the prize. Let's just hope she quits while she's ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment