The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, June 18

Sweet and giggly day...

Today started out nice and rainy, so it was a bit of a bummer, but by the afternoon, the sun was out and things were drying up. It was an overall average day with a few sweet moments. A few times, Moose made (again) very sweet "I love you" comments. I am really enjoying this stage! Then Monkey was being a hoot during dinner and after. First, she kept asking me to pray. She'd sign "more" then fold her arms. So I'd fold my arms, close my eyes and say "amen". She'd immediately sign "more" and fold her arms again. It was so sweet. Then after dinner, she was running around in her diaper. I started saying "I'm gonna get you" and she'd immediately run away. Once she hit a wall or cupboard, she'd turn around, look at me and run straight for me. Once she got to me, I'd grab her and swing her around or toss her over my shoulder, the whole while she's giggling and drooling all over me. We did this for a while. If I stopped, she'd sign "more please". It was so precious. Then today I started reading a Boxcar Children Book to Moose for the summer reading program. I know he doesn't really grasp that much of it, but whenever we start or stop reading I reiterate the very major points. For his first book of this level, he sits very still and quietly, and I'm sure he's absorbing more than I realize. It just takes him being in the right mood for him to express it. I look forward to getting more of these books (which I just adored when I was young) and reading them to him. It's much more fun for me to read to him than some of the other books we get. We read 45 minutes total today. He'll definitely reach his goal of 5 hours by the end date. A very pleasing day. Here's to another one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment