The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, June 6

A new day...

It's mostly as though yesterday didn't happen. Moose slept a ton and was feeling very chipper this morning. (As I knew he would be.) He is a bit hoarse, which sounds so cute, but otherwise fine. Monkey has a perfect pinky once again and was such a ham today. She kept following me and the hubs around, laughing and giggling and making us smile. Such a doll!

It was so nice to have a relatively low-key day after so many things going sour yesterday. I was at church alone since Moose had a fever all day yesterday, and I can't handle Monkey alone with the responsibilities I have there. The kids had just gone down for naps right before I got home, so I felt like I hardly saw them at all the whole day. I just couldn't get enough of them.

Summer is around the corner (although it doesn't nearly feel like it since we've been raining for 2 straight weeks) and I can't hardly believe we're already well into June. I feel like the summer is just going to fly by. The hubs has 2 more days of school and then he's free! Yeehaw! Soo excited. He has a summer job (for which we are super grateful!) that will start later in the morning than school. Instead of 7-5,  he will be 9-6. And he's across the street, so he can come home for lunch! It will be so great to have him home in the mornings, and our evenings will only change a little.

It's been a long road to get here, but after all the hubs' spread sheets and planning, it feels like our family might finally be getting afloat. It's such a great feeling. Our kids are so oblivious to all this, being as young as they are, but knowing things are working out makes their antics all the more tolerable, and even endearing.

Here's to the summer! (And maybe even some summer weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment