The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, June 29

Summer days...

Today was the hub's day off and it really felt like a "summer day". We rushed off as early as we were able to the in-laws to do some gardening/yard work. After I thinned out the carrots (a new and exciting thing for me, all this gardening.) I helped out with the grass. They have one acre, which is more than I grew up on, so they have a riding lawn mower. I'll admit, the first few times it's pretty fun. So the hubs went around trimming the edges while I got started riding. All the while, Grandma played with the kiddos and kept them company. (Moose's idea of a good time.)

Then when the grass was taken care of and the kids had some lunch, we got to washing the car. My sweet hubs let Moose go to town with the spray hose while he handled the soap. Moose had a blast. Monkey thought she should be able to hold the hose too, but he wouldn't share, so she consented to just be lightly splashed by water and eating her sandwich with me.  After the car was washed, we even had a small water fights with some squirt guns, courtesy of Grandma. It was a great afternoon.

The rest of the day was spent indoors with the blinds down and AC occasionally on. The first day with the AC on. It was 73 by 10 o'clock and above 80 by 1. (This is quite hot by our standards.) We had some ice cream treats after lunch and enjoyed a nice nap. Well, the kids napped anyway.

It was the kind of morning that just felt summerish. It was nice, despite the heat. I definitely think the kids had a good time. (And with minimal whining. Victory for us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment